Kerr & Co Ltd. was founded by the late Mr Bertie Kerr in 1920. It was originally based in Dame St in Dublin and started with a staff of just two people.
As the business grew the other Kerr brothers joined the firm with Desmond becoming Managing Director taking special responsibility for the development of the insurance and transport divisions. Fergus looked after the management of the family broodmares, foals, stallions etc and the youngest brother Kevin, a qualified vet, ran the family training stable with great success from the early 1950?s at their Summerseat training centre in Co Meath.
In the years that followed all four divisions of the business grew strongly and this enabled the agency to offer a complete “in-house" service to the bloodstock industry.
At the time of the death of Bert (Snr) in 1973 the trading methods of the international bloodstock industry were starting to change so the agency had to adapt. It expanded into new markets and strengthened existing ones. On the retirement of Desmond, Fergus and Kevin the running of the agency passed over to the next generation under whose guidance it continues to flourish today.
Desmond, Bert, Kevin and Fergus